Thursday, January 5, 2012

Interview with Volleyball Male Captain, Kai Yang:

Q. As the captain of the vball team, can you tell us the IHG experience for you?

KY:To me, IHG is for fostering team bonding, for the players to enjoy a good match and have friendly competition with the other halls. As the saying goes, "bu da bu xiang shi", it's through these IHG matches that you can meet people in the other halls with similar interest. This year, I am glad I played volleyball for Hall 6. Not only did I bring new blood to volleyball, I also had the opportunity to make friends with players of the other halls.
Q. Your team is made up of many freshies; what were the difficulties faced during preparation for IHG?
KY:Volleyball, like most sport games, require a decent amount of skill to play nicely. Furthermore, it is a 6-man team where a single player's weakness becomes the team's weakness. This year is an especially hard one since all the players (other than me) are new to volleyball. also volleyball is not a very popular game for guys, so unlike common sport like basketball I have to start from scratch. The toughest part is drilling in them the strategies for each different plays. That said, this team is also the most dedicated team I have seen in the 4 years that I am here. Now only did most of them come down for training, some even stayed back to polish their skill. If not for this, we could not even dream of fighting back against hall 8.
Q. We saw the team putting up a good fight in the last match, do you have anything to comment with regards to the match/ or say to your team mates?
KY: With regards to the last match against hall 8, I must say: GOOD JOB! Like what I said before, our team is a young team, with more training I believe we can win them. Their team is with no doubt stronger than us given that they have more experience than us. So the match was in fact much better than what I expected. I must also say thank you to the team. Not only did they demostrate strong dedication, they showed me that all my training did not go to waste. What they have learnt, they displayed all of them during the match. To end off, I sincerely wish that the team members will carry on playing volleyball as a team and enjoy in playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment